Thursday, June 11, 2009

Awake. Sleeping Beauty

Her eyes closed in quiet death
Her lips red from winter's birth
Her skin glowing from an inner light
That's fading away each passing night

Awake, Sleeping Beauty
Her lip's taste was fruity
Alas, fairy tales don't last forever
Even though we know there never was an ever

Awake, Sleeping Beauty
I said once again
But it was not my duty
To save the day, the dame

her face a picture of quiet death
I stayed and left her at winter's birth
On my way I saw her savior's light
But why was saving the day my plight?

Simple.

Seizing the night was not a woman's
But another man's fight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good but lacks a bit a of inconsistency...
You started out with a bit of a rhyme, then deviated some.
All in all, I dig the general theme sha!

ruudsoftware@yahoo.co.uk