Saturday, June 20, 2009

Moment Of Beauty

Dear Sally,

I am ugly and I know it
I am stared at with eyes that say
'Was he born of a woman,
Or some unearthly creature?'

But she looked at me.

Dear Sally,

I am ugly and I know it
I am stared at by people who say
'How does he carry that face?
'How does he...?'

But still she looked at me

Dear Sally,

I am stupid and I know it
Stupid enough to fill myself with mirrors
To bask in the beauty of my ugliness

Just because she looked at me

Dear Sally,

I am stupid and I know it
Stupid enough to think she loved me
No one loves me, She will never love me

But I love her,
I love you.

All because she looked at me
You looked at me.

For a second it lasted.
Just for a second,
But I saw it.

A transit from disgust to awe
Awe of my beauty.

Dear Sally,

Before I go to sleep,
I want you to know one last thing.

Despite all negativities in life,
Everyone has a moment of beauty,
Even me.

But I saved your moment of beauty, Sally.
I made it last forever.

And soon I will be with you,
And my moment of beauty
Will last forever with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this a beautiful piece... very strong positive message.
The use of direct / indirect reference expressions might be a touch misleading - well, depending on the reader - but it can also add a touch of spice to the write.
I love the closing lines; thats the poems highest points 4 me - coulda made that the foundation and built the whole poem around it!

ruudsoftware@yahoo.co.uk