Friday, June 05, 2009

Mountain Of Promise

On the mountain of promise
I built an altar

For days I prayed
I never faltered

Even when I felt you
Crumbling apart beneath my feet

I couldn't depart

Didn't know I was aiding the erosion
Scrubbing too hard,
Erasing emotions

Wishing that i hadn't prayed so hard
Laying down my emotions
For it to be scarred

Disappointed and hurt
i wish I could be

But a worse fate
Poured its blessings on me

Emotions and love
Became a distant memory

But I was determined
Not to make it a part of history

Though there's nothing
Left of this mountain

My faith holds strong
Hope feeding from its fountain

Because on this mountain
I built an altar
And for years i'll pray
and never falter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful... very beautiful.
the flow is nice and easy; serenaded me beginning to the end and i could the emotions in the message.
I love it!

I wanna put some of your works on my site along with links to ur pages, so that people can get here from there - please do lemme what do u think of that?

my site is www.naijakonxshun.com - its a bit of a mess now cuz i'm busy @ work & can't do much to.

ruudsoftware@yahoo.co.uk | 08023889606